- Select Schlüter-TREP-E according to tile thickness.
- First, set the covering material on the riser so that the top edge of the covering is at the right height.
- Apply suitable tile adhesive along the edge area above the riser.
- Fill the cavity on the underside of the profile with suitable tile adhesive.
Note on 3 and 4:
For thicker layers, additional aggregate may have to be added to the adhesive according to manufacturer's recommendations, or use a medium bed mortar.
- Press Schlüter-TREP-E completely into the adhesive bed and align, making sure that the front edge of the profile overlaps the riser tile.
- Completely cover the perforated anchoring leg and the tread area with adhesive.
- Firmly press the tread tile into place and adjust it in such a way that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile. Note: The profile should not be higher than the tile, but rather flush or up to approx. 1 mm lower. All tiles in the profile area must be solidly bedded.
- A joint of approximately 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout.
- When Schlüter-TREP-E is integrated into screed layers, the profile must be completely embedded in the mortar. The trapezoid perforated anchoring leg must be covered with at least 15 mm of mortar.
- When using surface coatings, Schlüter-TREP-E is adhered to the edge of the stair tread and adjusted in such a way that the front edge of the profile is flush with the riser. The trapezoid perforated anchoring leg is covered completely with the surface coating, so that the finished surface is flush with the profile. If applicable, the profile has to be cleaned and degreased prior to installation.
Installation of Schlüter-TREP-EK
- Clean the stair nosings and repair damaged areas if applicable.
- Clean or degrease the underside of Schlüter-TREP-EK.
- Adhere the profile by fully embedding it into a suitable adhesive (e.g. epoxy resin or Schlüter-KERDI-FIX, depending on the substrate).
Note: The upper profile edge is approx. 2.5 mm higher than the stair covering.