As a global company, Schlüter-Systems is aware of its social responsibilities to local communities.
- For over 35 years our company has chosen to incorporate recycled materials into the manufacture of many of our products.
- We strive to recycle scrap materials, and to regrind materials in production, diverting these materials from the waste stream.
- All of our products are designed to increase the longevity of ceramic tile and natural stone installations.
However, our commitment to the environment goes far beyond our products, and is reflected in our Leicestershire offices and warehouse, along with how our products are transported.
- A large proportion of our offices are heated using our energy-efficient underfloor heating system Schlüter-BEKOTEC-THERM, which runs with lower water temperatures than traditional systems, using less energy.
- The lighting is sensor controlled almost everywhere, meaning it automatically switches off when nobody is in the room. In addition, it uses low energy bulbs and is also designed to provide lower levels of light near to windows.
- We have tiled floors throughout our offices, which require very little maintenance, and are simple and easy to clean using hand held mops and ordinary household cleaners.
- Water is conserved through the use of automatic taps and low water volume toilet flushing.
- We are investing in new IT systems to enable us to run a paperless office.
- Packaging is reused wherever possible.
- Non-disposable cups, plates and cutlery are used both for visitors and employees.
- Products are transported from Germany in reusable cassettes and Euro pallets.